Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Statement – Updated April 2021
Temporary arrangements are currently in place to comply with CoVid Restrictions
Updated 7th April 2021
Keys is committed to maintaining the safety of it’s staff and customers.
Following confirmation on Monday 5th April that lockdown will continue be eased, we are working hard to return to normal operations as soon as possible.
We will continue to hold our sales as online-only events for the next few weeks, but SATURDAY MORNING VIEWING for our WEEKLY SALES will resume with effect from Saturday 17th April (with appropriate safety measures in place). Viewing for specialist and fine art sales will be as announced for each sale.
Our office will be open on Sale Days for payment for and collection of purchased lots (without prior appointment) with effect from our Weekly Sale on Monday 12th April. This means that buyers may now attend and collect as soon as they have finished bidding, rather than waiting until after the sale has ended.
Valuations and Consignments, and collections other than on open collection days, will continue by prior appointment only; however we are allowed legally now to receive visitors, so appointments for valuation and consignment are available with our valuers from Monday 12th April – please contact us to make an appointment.
Are you open?
Yes, but bidding for the next few weeks will be remotely only – i.e. by internet/commission bid – until we are prepared to receive public bidders “in the room”.
For those who prefer not to travel, we continue to offer a full postage and enhanced local delivery service during the lockdown period.
We would be grateful if at present any accounts or sale enquiries are directed as follows:
- Please ensure that all enquiries are submitted by email rather than by telephone wherever possible
- Please note that all payments must be made online by card or bank transfer for the time being.
Can I Consign Items for Sale?
Absolutely, we are accepting entries for all sales.
- Post: Small items, including items of jewellery etc, may be sent to us by post (please send special delivery) for inclusion in our sales. Please contact us prior to sending, and remember to include your name, address details and a list of package contents when sending.
- Collection: Our own transport continues to operate, and can collect locally from a single item up to complete property clearance. Please email us to make arrangements.
- In Person: You may bring items to us for inclusion in our auctions by prior appointment only. We have full covid-secure non-contact facilities if required (including drive-in) available to receive your items.
- Valuations: We offer valuation appointments either on-premises, or online via Zoom, Facetime, or WhatsApp video calls, or by email. Once items have been appraised and accepted for sale, we can arrange collection of them from you.
Are you holding Auctions?
We will continue to hold online-only live auctions, assisted by virtual viewing, and click and collect. We plan to hold all sales as per our sales diary in the next few months.
Entries are invited and can be accepted for all sales – please contact us in the first instance to arrange a consignment appointment
Can I View the Auctions?
All of our sales are now available for viewing online (and in person from 17th April), and our staff can answer any queries you may have about lots. We also offer “virtual viewing”, a limited video calling inspection service, where required.
How can I Bid?
Bidding takes place via our online bidding platform, bid.keysauctions.co.uk, or by commission (absentee) bids, which should be submitted by email only.
We can also undertake telephone bids for items estimated in excess of £250; to ensure that telephone bidders may be accommodated we ask that, when booking a telephone line, bidders submit a binding commission bid of the low estimate.
How can I collect my items?
Collection of items from our weekly sales is available on Sale Day or on the working day following the auction (usually Tuesday) from 9.30am. Collection times for specialist sales varies, please see the sale catalogue listing for details.
Postage and delivery of purchased items may also be arranged. To avoid disappointment, please do not turn up to collect at non-open times without an appointment.
The Brunch Cafe on site is closed until further notice.
Please keep safe and well, and do follow us on facebook or twitter to keep in touch with us. We hope to see all of our customers again very soon.