Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Statement – Updated April 2021
Temporary arrangements are currently in place to comply with CoVid Restrictions
Updated 5th June 2021
Keys is committed to maintaining the safety of it’s staff and customers.
Assuming that lockdown will continue to be eased in the coming months, we are working hard to return to normal operations as soon as possible.
We will continue to hold our sales as online-only events for the next few weeks, but we are open for SATURDAY MORNING VIEWING for our WEEKLY SALES (with appropriate safety measures in place). Viewing for specialist and fine art sales is now available as usual prior to each sale (please see catalogue for each individual sale for specific details)
Our office will be open on Sale Days for payment for and collection of purchased lots (without prior appointment) with effect from our Weekly Sale on Monday 12th April. This means that buyers may now attend and collect as soon as they have finished bidding, rather than waiting until after the sale has ended.
Valuations and Consignments, and collections other than on open collection days, continue by prior appointment either at the salerooms, in the comfort of your own home, or by remote (video) inspection. Entries for Weekly Sales are accepted every Tuesday and Wednesday (no appointment necessary).
Are you open?
Yes, but bidding for the next few weeks will be remotely only – i.e. by internet/commission bid – until we are prepared to receive public bidders “in the room”. We will have in-room bidding across all sales (subject to Government confirmation and restricted attendance numbers) from Monday 21st June.
For those who prefer not to travel, we will continue to offer a full postage and collection service once lockdown has eased.
We would be grateful if at present any accounts or sale enquiries are directed as follows:
- Please ensure that all enquiries are submitted by email rather than by telephone wherever possible
- Please note that all payments must be made online by card or bank transfer for the time being.
Can I Consign Items for Sale?
Absolutely, we are accepting entries for all sales.
- Post: Small items, including items of jewellery etc, may be sent to us by post (please send special delivery) for inclusion in our sales. Please contact us prior to sending, and remember to include your name, address details and a list of package contents when sending.
- Collection: Our own transport continues to operate, and can collect locally from a single item up to complete property clearance. Please email us to make arrangements.
- In Person: You may bring items to us for inclusion in our auctions; if you wish to see a valuer whilst here you will need to make a prior appointment to ensure that we can accommodate you. We have full covid-secure non-contact facilities if required (including drive-in) available to receive your items.
- Valuations: We offer valuation appointments either at our salerooms, on your own premises, or online via Zoom, Facetime, or WhatsApp video calls, or by email. Once items have been appraised and accepted for sale, we can arrange collection of them from you at cost.
Are you holding Auctions?
Our sales diary has now returned to full service across all departments.
Entries are invited and can be accepted for all sales – please contact us in the first instance to arrange a consignment appointment
Can I View the Auctions?
All of our sales are now available for viewing in person or, if preferred, remotely; our staff can answer any queries you may have about lots and provide full condition reports on request.
How can I Bid?
Bidding currently takes place via our online bidding platform, bid.keysauctions.co.uk, or by commission (absentee) bids, which should be submitted online or by email only. Bidding for indoor sales “in-room” will be permitted from 21st June (subject to Government guidance) although attendee numbers may need to be limited for some sales.
We can also undertake telephone bids for items estimated in excess of £250; to ensure that telephone bidders may be accommodated we ask that, when booking a telephone line, bidders submit a binding commission bid of the low estimate.
How can I collect my items?
Collection of items from our weekly sales is available on Sale Day or on the working day following the auction (usually Tuesday) from 9.30am. Collection times for specialist sales varies, please see the sale catalogue listing for details. All purchases must be collected within publicised times unless by prior arrangement.
Postage and delivery of purchased items may also be arranged. To avoid disappointment, please do not turn up to collect at non-open times without an appointment.
The Brunch Cafe on site is closed until further notice.
Please keep safe and well, and do follow us on facebook or twitter to keep in touch with us. We hope to see all of our customers again very soon.